Support for Foster Families
Tapestry foster families are truly members of our professional team and are provided with support to assist with the care and nurturing of the children.
- A MONTHLY CASE CONFERENCE with staff and other service providers working with the child. This process facilitates communication, and coordination of the help the child receives.
- READILY AVAILABLE CONSULTATION, TRAINING AND SUPPORT regarding the child's needs, behaviors and other issues, as they arise.
- RESPITE CARE of up to 72 hours per month - used for a day or overnight break, or accumulated for longer vacations or other family needs.
- MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT for transport of the foster children.
- ADDITIONAL ONE-TO-ONE SUPPORT for intensive treatment foster care children,
- provided in the home supporting the child and foster family at key times, or,
- out of the home supporting the child's participation in school and other activities.
- TAPESTRY'S AFTER-SCHOOL AND SUMMER MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT PROGRAMS
- providing care during after-school hours and for a portion of the day during the summer;
- supporting the positive development of the children;
- making it easier for working parents to serve as Tapestry foster parents.